1. Is the high RH environment consistently at 72% RH and 21.4 degrees Celsius?
No, over the past 2 weeks I have recorded the highest at the moment: 67% RH at 22.6 degrees C and lowest (it is Spring not summer yet): 31.9% RH at 19.0 degrees C.
Or does the temperature fluctuate through different times of the year?
It sure does, we are in Auckland, New Zealand (gets really humid here over Spring/Summer months).
2. Do you manufacture your own boards or do you purchase them from a vendor?
We purcahse boards from multiple vendors mostly in China.
3. If you are manufacturing your own boards, are there any types of baking or dehumidifying storage for the boards post-manufacturing?
4. How much loss are you encountering due to blistering?
Last most about 4 grand worth plus some that had passed the test and gone in to units in to the field (unknown number at this stage). I have a sneaky suspicion that the high humidity conditions are not only causing blistering but quite a few chip/part failures I have seen in Repairs.
5. How many boards and how long are they sitting in the high humidity environment prior to being hand soldered or going through the wave machine?
Thousands of boards can sit for 2 to 3 months depending on BOM changes/customer requirement etc. The longest period of time I have seen the boards sit idle in racks (no bags or decisscant) was approximately 6 months. Most boards are only sitting in racks for a month or less.
Thank you for your quick reply. I hope my answers make sense to you.