Mycronic is a global high-tech company whose innovative solutions have been advancing electronics technology for over 40 years. Today we continue to grow and serve customers in an expanding variety of industries. What we do impacts the future of technology, and in turn, the way we live our lives tomorrow.
We’re looking for likeminded people to join our talented, motivated and friendly team on the cutting-edge. Here, in an open, collaborative and flexible environment, you’ll work alongside leading industry experts and take on challenging projects that bring tomorrow’s electronics to life.
About the position
Prototype, design, develop & maintain image processing/machine vision software solutions for highly integrated, vision guided, automated high precision assembly products used in a variety of microelectronics applications.
This is a hands-on position working in a cross-functional team environment through adherence to established design control processes and good engineering practices. Will have to get involved in all phases of the software life cycle. Develop software for User Interface, Control Hardware Communication, Database access & Diagnostics software tools.
• Collaboration with management and architects to convert software design into working, scalable, maintainable software.
• Assist with system integration, testing strategy, and documentation.
• Provide estimates for project planning.
• Collaborate with technical experts and team members, to solve technical problems.
• Ability to work independently and troubleshoot. Assist with QA functions as required.
• Support Operations, Applications and Service as needed on customer issues.
Experience and Qualifications
• BS in Computer Science or a BS Engineering with Software Engineering experience.
• 3-5+ years’ experience in engineering software design /development. Experience in robotic/automated equipment systems preferred.
• Proficient C#/C++ using Visual Studio; source control usage and developing multithreaded applications.
• Experience with Image Processing/Machine Vision Applications. Knowledge of any Image Processing Libraries like OpenCV, Cognex’s CVL, Cognex’s Vision Pro, MVTech’s HALCON, Matrox’s MIL will be a plus.
• Experience with electro-mechanical systems or robotics.
• Solid English verbal and written communication skills.
• Motived with a passion for excelling in learning and contributing to collective goals.
• Local candidates preferred.
Working Conditions / Physical & Mental Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, stand, walk and lift. The employee is also frequently required to make substantial movements/motions of the wrist, hand and fingers. The employee will be required to perform light work, occasionally required to exert up to 20 pounds of force but usually required to sit for long periods of time. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current and exposure to heat and/or chemicals.
Travel is required up to 20% of time, both international and domestic.
Location: Tewksbury, MA, USA
How to apply: Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
A culture of collaboration and personal growth
At Mycronic, we love what we do, but most importantly who we do it with. Because to us the relationships we have with our customers and each other are the keys to success.
Take part in the excitement of working with innovative people and global businesses who are elevating today’s standards in modern electronics. Share in the responsibility of bringing great ideas to life within an inclusive culture that not only promotes personal growth and embraces diversity but depends upon it.
Here you are expected to have a voice and will be encouraged to get involved. It’s this very mindset that empowers our people to make a positive difference for a broad range of businesses, society and the planet – every day.
Click to learn more about Mycronic and what it’s like to work with us