Are you an engineer with SMT experience, and in the Rockledge, FL area? If so, our client has a SMT Process Engineer position available that may be your next great opportunity!
The Surface Mount Technology (SMT) Process Engineer will take the lead in evaluating, implementing and monitoring prototype and manufacturing processes and systems for the department.
Accuracy and Quality are first and foremost; time to market is the vision.
Volume production is supported through fully automated SMT lines. The latest automated technology is used to produce the most complex assemblies with ease and reliability. The core of our operation consists of the very best in automated 3D Solderpaste Inspection, High Speed Pick and Place equipment, Automated Optical Inspection (AOI) & In-house X-Ray.
If this sounds exciting to you, please read-on and apply!
Essential Job Duties:
- Evaluate, implement, and monitor SMT processes and operating systems
- Perform preventative and routine maintenance for SMT equipment
- Monitors and improves efficiency, output, and safety of manufacturing processes
- Communicate with supervisors and peers to resolve issues
- Participate in company or special training classes with emphasis on employee improvement
- Ensures work area is kept clean and safety rules are followed
- Perform other reasonable duties as assigned
- Regular attendance
Working hours: 7:00 AM - 3:30 PM
Essential skills and experience:
- Minimum of 3 years working experience in manufacturing environment
- Minimum of 3 years of working experience with SMT processes and equipment
- Ability to program, setup, and load circuit boards onto machines
- Ability to follow direction from management
- Ability to work well independently and within a team
- Ability to read engineering documentation
- Working experience with RoHS and no clean processes
- Working knowledge of IPC-610 and J-STD001 workmanship criteria
- Working knowledge of ISO 9001, AS9100, ISO 13485
- Commitment to company values
- Computer proficiency: learn and use ERP system; ability to program and troubleshoot SMT equipment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be able to conduct preventative and routine maintenance for SMT equipment
- Must be able to operate SMT automatic assembly equipment: Screen Printer, SPI, Pick & Place, Reflow Oven
- Must be able to troubleshoot and repair SMT equipment
- Must be able to provide programming and technical support for SMT process equipment
Nonessential skills and experience:
- Physical demands: while performing the duties of this job, employee may be standing most shift with machine use and will interact with other employees/visitors.
- May be required to lift up to 5 pounds.
- May lift trays or push carts of PCB assemblies from one department to another.
- May lift/push feeders/equipment from time to time.
- Work environment: while performing the duties of this job, employee will be in a manufacturing floor setting under fluorescent lighting and company radio. Machinery can get HOT.
- A technical degree (EE, ME, or Engineering Technology) or equivalent experience in electronics manufacturing (SMT designation)
Apply online at www.Spherion.com, or email email@example.com for more information.