FIELD SERVICE ENGINEER I
A-Tek Systems Group is an electronics equipment distributor specializing in factory automation – specifically with depaneling, vapor phase soldering, selective soldering and cleaning. A-Tek is headquartered in Longmont, CO. Our customers are large and small OEM as well as EMS electronics manufacturers throughout North America, Canada and Mexico.
This Field Service Engineer will be responsible for providing on site machine installation and training as well as tool maintenance, service and repair to the company's clients as needed. The Field Service Engineer is also the front line of customer service, interacting directly with critical clients on a daily basis to ensure that their needs are being met. A-Tek is a globally recognized as a reseller of high quality, technology based equipment.
Requirements and Responsibilities for Field Service Engineer I
Installs, configures, troubleshoots, and maintains products/equipment. Identifies, analyzes, and repairs product failures, orders and replaces parts as needed. Research and answer customer questions about product features, issues and upgrades. Performs start up testing and customer training on features and general maintenance of product. Has solid knowledge of the organization's products and services.
The FSE makes use of scientific, engineering and mathematical theories in addressing problems that arise in the customer’s factories and aide in the proper functioning and of the production plants. He/She understands the technicalities involved in troubleshooting a particular problem as well as has ability to implement these solutions appropriately.
• The Field Service Engineer will travel to client facilities and provide mechanical, electrical and software training on equipment as needed per terms of the contract.
• In addition, the FSE will provide maintenance and repair services for machine tools as requested by the customer. Services may be provided on-site, via phone or email or all depending upon the level of severity of the issue(s).
• Communicate clearly with customers to identify machine issues and prioritize repair efforts.
• Assist sales managers with installation and implementation of new machine tools.
• Provide assistance and training to on-site maintenance staff that are employed by client companies.
• Track and file client call log reports and accurately detail all expenses.
• The Field Service engineer must have previous experience providing mechanical and process knowledge with industrial manufacturing equipment
• Willingness to travel nationally up to 80% of the time
• Hold a valid US Passport of have the ability to have a US Passport issued.
• Ability to work independently and provide exceptional customer support
• Great attitude and desire to learn new technology