August 29, 2018
Racine, Wisconsin, USA
Cree currently has a job vacancy for an SMT Process Technician in our Lighting Manufacturing facility in Racine, Wisconsin.
This person will be a primary contributor to the startup of a new SMT production line for LED PCB Assembly. This position will be responsible for all aspects of printed circuit board assembly, from setup and installation of new equipment, to ensuring high quality product is delivered for top-level fixture assembly.
A successful candidate will be a resourceful problem solver that is able to work around technical obstacles and implement practical solutions. The SMT Process Technician is a core member of the Operations team and works with that team to realize world class manufacturing systems and processes.
• Assist with the installation, setup, and qualification of new SMT equipment
• Create, debug, and optimize machine programs
• 1st level support for PCBA production
• Perform preventative maintenance and calibration of electronic circuit board manufacturing equipment and systems
• Identify and resolve equipment malfunctions working with manufacturers and field representatives as necessary to assist in troubleshooting and to procure replacement parts
• Identify, initiate and implement continuous improvement solutions for process optimization, cost reduction, and yield enhancements
• Provide training and support to manufacturing personnel to improve overall capabilities and knowledge
• Analyze data to identify and resolve systemic process and performance issues
What can Cree do for you?
Cree is an aggressive, innovative, industry leading company. We provide a dynamic work environment, a world class development team and the opportunity to incorporate your work into the best products on the market. We do great things and want great people to take part.
What can you do for Cree?
Use your SMT and printed circuit board assembly (PCBA) skills, to help create and foster world class manufacturing systems and processes, that yield superior LED luminaires.
What you need for success:
• 5+ years of experience in printed circuit board assembly
• Working knowledge of all aspects of the PCBA process, including:
o Stencil Design
o Laser Etch Programming
o Screen Printer Programming
o Solder Paste Inspection Programming
o Pick and Place Programming
o Automated Optical Inspection Programming
o Reflow Profiling
o Conformal Coat Programming
• Ability to read blueprints, wiring diagrams, schematic drawings, and engineering instructions for assembling electronics units, applying knowledge of electronic theory and components
• Strong ability to troubleshoot and use analytical skills
• Mechanically inclined to complete preventative maintenance and to correct machine repairs
• Experience with creating equipment ‘standard operating’ procedures
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work independently and be self-sufficient while managing multiple tasks
• Adaptability in a fast-paced environment with a focused execution of tasks
• Strong computer software skills and aptitude to learn new software
• Attention to safety, quality, and performance
• Self-Starter with sense of self-reliance and sense of urgency
• Excellent work ethic with the understanding that excellence is a habit
• Ability to identify potential safety and performance issues and eliminate them
Highly preferred skills and experience:
• Experience starting up a PCBA operation from scratch.
• Experience with the following SMT hardware and software suppliers:
• SMT experience with LED board assembly, including:
o Metal Clad
o Vacuum Reflow
o LED Rework
o LED Binning
o PCBs up to 4ft in length
o De-Panel Process
More electronics manufacturing jobs »