Field Service Technician
Provides excellent customer service and technical support to customer, in performing a variety of highly complex field service work, involving installations, modifications, troubleshooting, programming, and Phone Support Desk support, with minimal assistance or supervision, on our software and hardware products.
• Carries out complex technical assignments to install, modify, and repair software systems and factory automation equipment at customer sites, with minimal assistance or supervision.
• Beyond supporting current factory automation equipment can provide installation, problem resolution of repair activity, and training on legacy equipment and/or through hole equipment.
• Maintains a basic knowledge of the SMT process knowledge and can support of process machines as well as placement.
• Understanding not only the machine but the programming and setting that enable high OEE manufacturing.
• Maintain a proactive approach in resolving customer and internal company project issues, while exercising effective time management in obtaining solutions to such issues.
• Assume responsibility for project management, prioritizing equipment and technical issues for immediate corrective actions, communication with pertinent parties, and completing personal and on-site team assignments within time expectations, and without the need for rework.
• Demonstrate strong capability to complete equipment installations and projects.
• Effective and efficient troubleshooting, while working in potentially high pressure circumstances, in achieving 100% problem resolution of repair activity with 24 hours of arrival at customer site.
• Provide customers with timely and accurate technical information in a positive, straightforward and professional manner. Conducts meetings with customers to address open issues.
• Provide basic software system and equipment operation, troubleshooting, and maintenance training to customers.
• Assist Phone Support Desk in covering calls from customers and as directed by the Regional Service Manager.
• Research issues to resolve customer complaints and ensure customer satisfaction and an excellent overall customer experience in doing business with Client.
• Create Service Notifications and other documentation for communication of problem resolution and future use in addressing similar issues.
• Prepare equipment documentation and reports, including installation reports, acceptance reports, service orders, warranty (“Q”) reports, “Tech Tips,” SAP reports, project reports, corrective action recommendations, etc, as operational activities may deem necessary.
• Provide assistance with Factory Modifications, equipment refurbishments and rebuilds, predictive and corrective maintenance programs, and equipment calibration projects.
• Provide assistance and consultative services to customers in site preparation for equipment installations.
• Assist Regional Service Manager in identifying opportunities for selling services.
• Effective management and execution of administrative tasks, such as travel arrangements, expense reports, coordination of activities with customers, etc.
• Participate in exhibitions and demonstrations of equipment, at trade shows, client’s demo room, or at customer sites, aptly informing customers and responding to technical and specification questions and concerns.
• Identify sales opportunities and inform Sales as appropriate.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• AS degree or higher, Technical or Vocational school degree, or relevant military training required in applicable areas of software, programming, software system implementation, mechanical, electrical, and electromechanical, applied technologies.
• Familiarity and capability in software systems, electro-mechanical troubleshooting and debugging of capital equipment.is required.
• Familiarity and capability in the field of electronics assembly automation and process is required.
• 5-10 years of SMT service or process experience.
• A high degree of initiative, creativity, and trouble-shooting skills, along with a highly collaborative, detail-oriented, and organizational nature are critical to success, due to the highly complex nature of technical and interpersonal situations encountered in day-to-day activities.,
• Solidly functional capabilities in use of PCs, widely-varied software applications, and general networking and connectivity are required.
• Ability to take any necessary action to ensure objectives are fully achieved, and deadlines and commitments are met.
• Fully proficient in the use of hand tools, meters, gauges, drawings, schematics, diagrams, and jigs to adjust and maintain optimal machine performance and calibration.
• Strong written and oral communication skills, with the ability to interface effectively and professionally with all organizational levels and management, internally and externally, are required and essential to success in this position, and in Client’s activities, in general.
• Capability in effective communication with internal departments (Technical Support, PMO, Sales, Product Teams, Spare Parts, Engineering, Order Processing, Accounting, etc),
• Capable of lifting over 50 pounds (22.7 kg), standing for long periods on factory floors, and maneuvering in factory production environments and confined spaces to execute technical activities.
• Ability and willingness to travel extensively (often 95%, or greater), domestically and internationally, often with very short or immediate notice, with flexible work hours, including non-standard business hours, weekends, and occasional holidays, as may be necessary to meet customer project schedules and demands.
• Willingness to relocate is a plus