MacDermid Alpha Electronics Solutions, a Element Solutions, Inc. business and world leader in the development, manufacturing, and sales of innovative materials used in the assembly electronics, industrial joining and Photo Voltaic market places, is seeking a Product Manager to manage their Power Electronics business. The position will be located in South Plainfield, NJ.
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB
The purpose of this position is to drive the development and growth of the Power Electronics Argomax Paste and Films product line, by increasing market share and profitability. The position will work closely with Director of Marketing to develop and execute strategies that will fill product gaps through changes in product positioning or new product development, support the changing needs of customers and applications and leverage our strengths in adjacent markets.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Identify gaps in our Argomax Paste and Film product portfolio for a variety of Die Attach, Package Attach or other applications and, in conjunction with Strategic Marketing Manager, develop appropriate Business Cases and Specifications for NPD or Application Development initiatives.
2. Work closely with R&D and Operations to develop key product specifications and drive final commercialization of final products.
3. Engage with Quality and Operations on Process Change Notifications (PCNs) and work with commercial team to ensure effective communications and roll out to customers.
4. Collaborate with OEM team and Power Electronics Regional Leaders to conduct regular TRM exchanges with key customers. Disseminate learnings to R&D and Applications teams to determine impact on existing or new projects.
5. Develop our product positioning strategy for Argomax paste and film product line and communication of the positioning strategy to the global Power Electronics sales channel.
6. Assessment of competitive Sintering technology competition offering and determination of appropriate response.
7. Provide regular support to global Power Electronics commercial teams for Argomax paste and films related issues including, technical inquiries, product recommendations, pricing, etc…
8. Organize and /or participate in remote and on-site customer or partner presentations, seminars, training, etc…
9. In conjunction with Director of Marketing and Strategic Marketing Manager, develop and execute Marketing Communications Plan for Argomax paste and film products.
10. Development of total cost of ownership models to demonstrate value of Argomax paste and films products depending on the process used.
11. Engagement with Global Application Manager and his team to ensure rapid production qualification, First Time Right and fast problem solving
12. Work with commercial teams and use CRM tools to determine the highest value opportunities where Marketing support could help close the business more quickly.
13. Work with other MacDermid Alpha businesses to determine how best to leverage technologies from more than one business to create value for customers.
14. Development and dissemination of tools, reports and collateral to help commercial teams in their selling efforts.
15. Manage pipeline of R&D service requests related to the portfolio.
16. Provide support and guidance to Product Specialists as needed.
17. Serve as Commercial Champion on Argomax paste and film technology, Applications and New Product Development projects and assist project teams to overcome obstacles as needed.
18. Provide regular communication for both internal and external customers regarding key product line developments (i.e. case studies, success stories, technical advancements, etc).
The qualified candidate must:
• Possess a BS degree in a technical discipline (i.e. engineering or science) with five to seven years experience.
• Prior experience in product management preferred.
• Knowledge and experience in the power electronic assembly industry required.
• Must be able to travel up to 25% of working time both globally and domestically.
All applicants should apply online at http://www.alphaassembly.com.
"Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled – E-Verify Company”