MacDermid Alpha Electronics Solutions, an Element Solutions, Inc. business and world leader in the development, manufacturing, and sales of innovative materials used in the assembly electronics, industrial joining and Photo Voltaic market places, is seeking a Project Manager for their Power Electronics business. The position will be located in South Plainfield, NJ.
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB
The purpose of this position is to proactively plan, organize, and implement projects from conceptual stages through project cycle in a disciplined stage/gate system. The position is also responsible for contributing to the acquisition process, product development and new and emerging product projects through timely and responsive communication with R&D, sales and customers. The position must also be able to develop detailed analysis of varied technologies, value propositions for various products and selling tools combined with management guidance necessary to ensure growth of the business.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Works on cross-functional team to translate customer needs and technology directions into product definitions.
• Manages day-to-day progress of product development via timely and responsive communication with sales and customer contacts.
• Provides technical expertise and training to other departments in support of product development and customer acquisition activities.
• Able to work closely with R&D community.
• Participates in marketing analysis to develop new product definitions as well as continual assessment of existing products’ position in the marketplace.
• Participates in the collaboration of a wide variety of functional areas such as sales, engineering, marketing, manufacturing and operations to develop and provide product definitions responsive to customer needs and market opportunities.
• Prepares project objectives, schedules and introduction to markets.
• Contribute to bottom line results in a fast paced environment with wide scope that requires high levels of teamwork, organization, planning, communication and implementation skills.
The qualified candidate must:
• Possess a BS degree in an engineering discipline with one to five years of experience.
• Prior experience in project management preferred.
• Knowledge and experience in the power electronic assembly industry required.
• Must be able to travel up to 25% of working time both globally and domestically.
All applicants should apply online at http://www.macdermidalpha.com.
"Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled – E-Verify Company”