MacDermid Alpha Electronics Solutions, an Element Solutions, Inc. business and world leader in the development, manufacturing, and sales of innovative materials used in the assembly electronics, industrial joining and Photo Voltaic market places, is seeking a Technical Service Engineer for their Suwanee, GA location.
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB
The purpose of this position is to provide direct technical and customer support for the Electronic Polymers (EP) product line of the Semiconductor Solutions Group for existing products as well as new and developmental products. The position will lead a variety of technical, customer support, quality, marketing, process and production related projects.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide direct customer support by performing validation and/or verification testing, experiments, builds and lab evaluations. This includes sample preparation, testing and analyses. Provide technical reports and written communication related to projects and customer support. Maintain technical database and other product related collateral.
• Provide assistance to Product Manager by performing lab analyses on existing products, new products, samples and raw materials. Assist in validating process or product related issues.
• Collect and disseminate technical data for global portfolio managers and sales support teams.
• Prepare technical papers, articles and other types of communication and reports.
• Create and maintain database of market information related to Adhesives and Absorbers/Getters In Medical, Space, Aerospace and Telecom markets as well as gain knowledge on competitive products.
• Contribute to bottom line results in high energy and dynamic situations that require teamwork, planning, communication and implementation / execution skills. Emphasis should be on on-time project completion to drive revenue growth, market share gain, and margin enhancement.
• Manage day-to-day progress of projects and keep Manager and other interested parties updated via timely and responsive communication.
• Assist the Project Manager in New Product Development, application, quality, market or customer projects.
• Identify areas where processes may be improved, costs can be reduced, or timelines can be accelerated to shorten time to market for new products.
• Support Global and Regional Marketing Communication teams to create collateral for product launch, industry education, product positioning and promotions.
• Conducts market research projects as needed and defined by the Marketing team. The market research can include basic data collection via internet, surveys and both internal and externally conducted interviews, collation and organization of the raw data and assessment of the implications of the data. Finally working with the project sponsor in the development of a close out market research report and recommended actions from the project.
• Have the ability to work independently on a tasks, projects or research areas without direct supervision given a well-defined set of research goals.
• Must have ability to multi-task and communicate priorities while being flexible to adjust schedule as required based on business priorities.
• Participate on quality team and projects including Six Sigma projects as appropriate.
• Works closely with other functions such as Operations, Inside Sales, Quality and R&D to achieve the defined goals and deliverables for assigned projects and successfully complete assigned tasks.
The qualified candidate must:
• Possess a BS degree in an engineering discipline with two plus years of experience.
• Knowledge and experience in the electronic assembly industry and working with electronic polymers desired
• Must be able to travel up to 15% of working time both globally and domestically.
All applicants should apply online at http://www.macdermidalpha.com.
MacDermid Alpha Electronic Solutions is an E-Verify Company and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job applicant procedures. "Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation"