Alpha Assembly Solutions, a MacDermid Performance Solutions Business and a world leader in the development, manufacturing, and sales of innovative materials used in the assembly electronics, industrial joining and Photo Voltaic market places, is seeking a Global Process Engineer – Powder, Wire & Metals located at their South Plainfield, NJ location.
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB
This position exists to develop, coordinate and direct the activities related to the global manufacturing processes and quality of solder powder, wire and metal products.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Coordinates global activities within the powder, wire and metals manufacturing group to assist in the development of new products and manufacturing processes, improve existing manufacturing process & production techniques and develop/improve test procedures.
• Assists to resolve process and/or manufacturing problems using solutions that involve new techniques, technologies, or concepts.
• Conducts research and maintains a working knowledge of latest technologies, which may improve processes and/or operations and develops recommendations accordingly.
• Maintains a working knowledge of safety policies and regulations to ensure duties of self and others are performed in a safe manner.
• Analyzes technology trends, human resource needs and market demand to plan projects.
• Internal and external benchmarking, as required, to determine where our product and processes stand in terms of performance and find gaps for improvements.
• Confers with management, production, and marketing staff to determine engineering feasibility, cost effectiveness and customer demand for new and existing products and processes.
• Provides direction and example for interpretation and application of company policies and procedures to the engineering process activities.
• Implements and manages/maintains budget for capital projects.
• Manages cost reduction, continuous improvement program for overall, global or local site manufacturing. Analyzes existing processes, operating procedures and equipment/machinery functions to reduce processing time and cost.
• Obtains, maintains and publishes Key Performances Indicators for the Global Powder, wire and metals products.
• Facilitates periodic meetings (face-to-face, teleconference, web conference) with site coordinators and other internal resources (i.e. Mfg & QA/QC managers).
• Periodic manufacturing site visits required for project support meetings, process audits, etc.
• Works closely with other Global Process Engineering Group Product Coordinators to assist to advance improvements where there is overlap (ie Solder Paste).
• Other duties as assigned.
The qualified candidate must:
• Possess a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline (preferably chemical, electrical, mechanical or material science).
• Ten plus years of related experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Must be able to travel internationally and domestically up to 30% of working time.
• Knowledge of wire, powder and metals used in the electronic assembly industry.
All applicants should apply online at http://www.alphaassembly.com.
"Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled – E-Verify Company”