Projects Unlimited is a Dayton, OH aerospace contract manufacturer. We take a product from concept to production in the shortest possible time. Our full service manufacturing capabilities help our customers become a more profitable supplier. Our ISO-9001; AS91000; Boeing Silver; and Northrop Grumman Platinum, Bell Helicopter/Textron Growth Status certifications promise our customers reliable manufacturing as well as qualified engineering support.
We have an immediate new opportunity for a Manufacturing Engineering Manager.
* Process Yield, Operations Support, Continues Improvement, Technical Support for Customer Communication, Resource Management, NPI management
* Participates in the review of customer contracts and engineering designs by outlining requirements and considerations.
* Assists product support areas in gathering and analyzing data.
* Directs the activities of engineers and staff and is responsible for planning, budgeting, and maintaining costs for a broad functional area.
* Interacts when required with upper management, customers and outside regulatory agencies.
* Drives engineering strategies to deliver customer requirements and recommend PUI capabilities in manufacturing and engineering services.
* Demonstrates advanced functional, technical and people and/or process management skills as well as customer (external and internal) relationship skills.
* Ideal candidate has a Bachelor's degree in Electrical/Electronics Engineering minimum of 10 years of engineering experience to include at least 1-2 years of engineering supervisory experience.
* Candidate must have SMT/PCBA experience for this position.
* Microsoft office, Visual Manufacturing, FMEA development, Lean Manufacturing, DFM
* Bachelor Electronic Engineering or Manufacturing Engineer.
- Extremely Creative/Innovative in groups and teams
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, and self-driven
- Work with a variety of disciplines, situations, and people
- Facilitate and communicate organization and process changes
- Team player with a positive, “can do” attitude and a great sense of humor
· Understanding of electronics manufacturing processes
· Understanding of robust engineering methodology
· Understanding of cause and effect, failure modes, and physics of failure of electronic components, and electronic and electromechanical assemblies
· Experience using, interpreting results, and continuously improving tools and rule sets of various elements of Design for Excellence: Design for Manufacturability, Design for Reliability, Design for Quality / Six Sigma, etc. for printed circuit boards, printed circuit board assemblies, and systems.
· Ability to comprehend and assimilate technical concepts across multiple disciplines
· Ability to design experiments and test cases based on deep understanding of statistical analysis and six-sigma methodologies
· Broad knowledge of physics of failure of PCBs, PCBAs, electro-mechanical devices, connectors, and systems.
· Lean Six Sigma Black Belt a plus
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate technical concepts and reasoning to customers
- Extract rules for rules-based decisions from team members and data systems
- Effectively communicate technical and non-technical information to/from both non-technical and technical users
- Open minded visionary
- Champion diversity of ideas and thought processes
- Good organization skills
- Ability to Mentor/Teach/Coach
- Ability to make decisions
- Outstanding vision and analytical problem solving skills
- Handle multiple simultaneous projects
- Meet challenging deadlines
- Prioritize projects by maximum positive business impact
- Lean Six Sigma methodologies to solve business problems
- Adapt as necessary in a rapidly evolving environment