Test Services Description:
Whether you need us to design a complete test solution or you have an existing procedure already in place, ACD has the expertise you require.
Flying Probe Test
Flying probe test is instrumental in giving our customers confidence in receiving a quality, defect free assembly. This is accomplished by the use of both single and double side testers.
Our project coordinators work closely with our test department and our customers to obtain necessary information to create an accurate test for each assembly. Based on this data, the test department endeavors to create the most comprehensive test possible. This test, in addition to visual QC, ensures a very high level of quality.
All test programs are archived and available for use on subsequent builds at a later date. These programs are also available to any customers who may possess the same type of test equipment or have any other need for them.
Boundry Scan Test
ACD uses Acculogic ScanNavigator which is a powerful suite of both hardware and software tools specially designed for testing of electronic devices, boards and systems using the IEEE 1149.1 and IEEE 1149.4 standards.
We offer full JTAG consultation and test coverage for designs that employ Boundary Scan components as well as In-System programming of Programmable Logic Devices such as FPGA’s and Flash memories.
Boundary Scan or Bed of Nails?
Employing Boundary Scan Components (JTAG IEEE 1149.1) can have a positive impact on overall signal integrity and can be a very cost effective test solution. Traditional bed-of-nails testing has several drawbacks:
- Test points must be placed on grid or separated by large spaces to produce a manufacturable test fixture.
- Critical high speed signals cannot tolerate large vias and the spaces needed between them for the fixture.
- Bed-of-nails fixtures can cost tens of thousands of dollars and may not provide adequate test coverage.
Boundary Scan and Scorpion Flying Probe
ACD was specifically asked by Acculogic to be one of the first deployment sites for their Boundary Scan Flying Fixture on the Scorpion. We are still one of the few in the world to have this technology, giving us more depth than our billion dollar worldwide competitors. Integration of Acculogic Boundary Scan test directly onto the Scorpion Flying Probe translates into important advantages:
- Dramatic increase in test coverage by combined use of flying probe and boundary scan resources
- More efficient shorts test using flying probes and higher throughput
- Reusable Boundary Scan test patterns
In acknowledgment of superior technical capability and advanced application expertise in Boundary‑Scan Testing as well as In‑System Programming, ACD has been recognized as an Authorized Applications Partner of JTAG Technologies, Inc.
Functional testing verifies that each of the various product capabilities defined in the design specification or test specification meet their requirements. In addition to Flying Probe Test, Functional Test is instrumental in giving our customers confidence in receiving a quality, defect free assembly.
Functional Test Department capabilities include the following:
- DFT analysis
- Parts Programming on and off the board using a variety of programmers
- Low and High power AC and DC testing.
- RF Test capabilities
- Unit and System level Functional Testing
- Data Collection and reporting
- Test Fixture design and development at the Unit and System level.
- Automated Test Program design and development at the Unit and System level.
We will work very closely with you and the Functional Test Department to develop an accurate test for each assembly. Whether you need us to design a complete test solution or you have an existing procedure already in place, ACD has the expertise you require.
Test Services was added in May 2012
Test Services has been viewed 358 times