APR Scarab Series Site Cleaning System
APR Scarab Series Site Cleaning System
APR Scarab Series Site Cleaning System Description:
This div will be replaced by the JW Player.
The Scarab is a Metcal System designed to remove the solder that is left on the PC board after BGA removal.
The Scarab Site Cleaning System ensures accurate and repeatable cleaning of the component pad in one user friendly, single system.
The cost and complexity of today’s electronic assemblies are forcing manufacturers to reexamine the tools and techniques in operation today. Contactless cleaning of component pads prior to component replacement is a growing need in the industry.
The Scarab Site Cleaning System ensures accurate and repeatable cleaning of the component pad in one user friendly, single system. The Scarab System redefines performance and addresses the technical demands presented by component manufacturers today.
The Scarab Site Cleaning System addresses industry needs with an automated system capable of cleaning components pads without contact. The motorized design allows the system to clean without contact component pads up to 50mm x 50mm within a 101mm x.
The system can accurately and repeatedly clean pads with pitches of 0.2mm to 1.5mm. The open-ended board holder fits a wide variety of large, small and odd-shaped boards while allowing positioning over the patented dual subzone preheater.
The Scarab Site Cleaning System joins the Scorpion Rework System as a solution to the challenges faced by manufacturers in today’s rework environment.
- Compact footprint for easy bench top use
- Multiple reflow and vacuum nozzles available to meet your application requirements
- Precision laser height sensor adjusts the Z-axis automatically for consistent operation over the solder removal area
- The system features an option for removing reworkable epoxy underfill from the pad area
- Easy to change collection change for quick and easy disposal of collected solder and glue
- Desktop sized
- 2800W dual zone preheater with 550W top heater
- 208-240VAC, 50/60Hz, 15A-13A, Single Phase
- A 343mm (13.5") x open-ended PCB holder
- Motorized X, Y and Z axis movement on linear rails for long-life and minimal maintenance
- Linux-based integral computer
- External USB for file transfer
- Ethernet connection for remote file management
- Venturi based vacuum system which requires shop air
- Auto-Profiling allows operators the ability to create successful reflow profiles the first time
- On the fly profile management of target set points, adding and subtracting time zones, and profile measurement points
- Real time graphical display of solder joint temperatures
- Internal storage of profile data with expansion and transfer via a USB flash drive
- Graphics-based user interface for simple operation
- Password protection for operators and engineers
The standalone Scarab Site Cleaning System allows you to add site cleaning capability to your operation without the investment of replacing your current component rework system.
|APR-2000-SCS||Scarab Site Cleaning System|
|APR-2100-SCS||Scarab Site Cleaning System with Underfill
|APR-SCS-UK1||Underfill Removal Upgrade Kit|
|System Dimensions W x D x H||457mm x 559mm x 660mm (18” x 22” x 26”)|
|Input Voltage||208-240VAC, 50/60Hz, 15 Amp Single Phase|
|Power Consumption - System||2,800W|
|Maximum Relative Humidity|| 80% at 31°C (88°F) decreasing linearly
to 50% at 40°C (104°F)
|Maximum Altitude||2km (6,500 ft.)|
|Pollution Degree||2 per IEC 644|
|Temperature Control Type||Closed-Loop Control (Thermocouple)|
|Laser Class - Alignment Sensor||FDA Class IIIa|
|Laser Class - Laser Height Sensor||FDA Class II|
|Maximum Source Temperature|
|Reflow Head||400°C (752°F)|
|Pre-Heater (Inner/Outer)||350°C (662°F)|
|Airflow Control||Low, Medium, High|
|Vacuum (Venturi generated)||23 inHg @80-100 psi|
|Collection Chamber Capacity||6.3ml|
|PCB Handling Capability|
|Maximum Size||304.8mm x open (13.5” x open)|
|Maximum Thickness||6mm (0.25”)|
|System Warranty||One-year parts & labor|
APR Scarab Series Site Cleaning System was added in Oct 2016
APR Scarab Series Site Cleaning System has been viewed 169 times