PRO-STD-001 Certification Description:
Course for Counterfeit Component Detection and Prevention
Blackfox and ProSkill CTG offers a unique and comprehensive course; PRO-STD-001 Certification, a meaningful Course for Counterfeit Component Detection and Prevention. Have your Quality personnel become PRO-STD-001 Certified Counterfeit Component Detection Professionals. A must for your Procurement and Quality Assurance Departments.
Counterfeit Component Detection/Prevention and Consulting/Programs
- Stockroom/Warehouse Counterfeit Component Screening/Auditing
- PRO-STD-001 Certification - A Counterfeit Component Quality Assurance Inspection course
- Suspect Counterfeit Component Detection and Inspection Categories and Techniques
- Audit of current counterfeit component procedure/s includes full gap analysis
- Counterfeit Component Inspection, how to easily recognize refurbished, blacktopped or pulled components
- Tips on how to easily recognize suspect counterfeit components
- Immediate Disposition of Suspect Counterfeit Material
- Impounding“No Value Add” Counterfeit Components into T/Cs
- Documented/Witnessed SCRAP/GRIND of counterfeit components
- Universal Counterfeit Component Prevention and Mitigation Procedure
The certification program PRO-STD-001 concludes with a final examination, a serialized certificate of completion is presented to everyone successfully passing the exam.
Instructor BIO - Rick Stanton is the VP of Quality and Course Director, of Pro-Skill Consulting and Training Group, as well as their principal instructor, he has worked in the Electronic Manufacturing Service industry for over 30 years. He has extensive experience in Supply Quality Engineering and Training Management. He has been employed by prime contract manufacturing companies throughout his career, AT&T Network Systems, Raytheon, General Electric, Solectron (Now Flextronics), Jabil Circuits, Harris Corporation and Symetrics Industries. As a Supplier Quality Engineer one of his primary tasks was the monitoring of newly delivered material/product from independent non-authorized component suppliers (brokers) to ensure only the highest level of electronic components were accepted into the manufacturing system. Rick has developed several Suspect Counterfeit Component Prevention and Detection Inspection procedures. This associated internal training/certification course was specifically designed for the recognition and prevention of counterfeit components. Rick has been an IPC-J-STD-001 and IPC-A-610 Certified IPC Trainer. He has internationally taught Electronic Manufacturing Service/Assembly techniques including CCA Hand Soldering, Compliant Rework, Point to Point wiring, Circuit Pad and Track Repair and basic entry level solder training to thousands of engineers, test technicians, production assemblers and quality control personnel. Rick has presented counterfeit component detection programs at the IPC APEX Expo, SMTA and SMTA International conferences and at the SMCBA 2011 International conference in Australia. His counterfeit component detection work/articles were gladly accepted and published in several global Electronic Sourcing and News Magazines.
Know Your Counterfeit Component Inspection Check Points! The certification course will detail the detection and recognition of below standard and counterfeit components; you will learn how to recognize the telltale markings necessary to screen out suspect counterfeit components. Rick will also have placard set/s that contains images of actual counterfeit components side by side authentic component samples. Both programs offer hundreds of images of counterfeit and substandard characteristics, along with videos demonstrating the counterfeiting process, specifically the negligent, uncontrolled, and crude refurbishing process.
Who Should Attend:
Military/Depot and field repair technicians, Inwards goods inspectors for both EMS and OEM companies. Military and Commercial Contract Manufacturing individuals, I.E., process and quality control engineers, test technicians, in process inspectors, outwards goods inspectors, test engineers, supply chain managers, manufacturing and production managers, test technicians, purchasing managers and officers, buyers, supplier quality engineers, non OEM authorized component suppliers, component and design engineers, essentially anyone who has an interest in ensuring Counterfeit Electronic Components do not impact their end product, systems or services they supply.
PRO-STD-001 Certification/Workshop Outlines
- The definition and understanding of what implicates a counterfeit electronic component per SAE AS5553, a counterfeit component standard used as a guide/model for all ProSkill CTG courses/programs.
- Documented examples of major military systems compromised by unknowingly installing counterfeit electronic replacement parts
- Multiple examples of counterfeit parts and visual representations of suspect and counterfeit parts that have been intercepted using ProSkill CTG’s basic counterfeit check points.
- Images of component internal dies with wire bond deformities provided by a US based X-Ray Equipment manufacturer who travelled to China to procure parts directly from Shenzhen’s Component Mall.
- The importance of developing and implementing a robust internal Counterfeit Component detection procedure
- How to develop a screening process for parts including visual inspection, testing, and other detection means
- What testing processes should be used, and how the results detect counterfeit parts and their effectiveness
- Supplier audit and qualification requirements
- Implementing your own detection, inspection and prevention program.
- Supplier flow down requirements per the AS5553 standard.
- How to disposition counterfeit components, impounding, public database reporting, database management.
- Counterfeit Component Check Sheet; inspect against a list of typical and current detection points, referenced as counterfeit component indicators.
- The recently signed DoD federal law, HR1540 Section 818 defined.
- What a Military Repair Depot needs to be aware of before installing replacement parts ordered from the supplier who in turn purchased the part from a non-franchised unauthorized component supplier normally referenced as a “Brokers/Independent Distributors”.
Day 1: Workshop 4>< hours, FAQ dependent, concludes with attendance certificate. This workshop is a basic introduction program for the detection and prevention of counterfeit electronic components. In addition the workshop prepares the individual for successfully passing ProSkill CTG’s advanced PRO-STD-001 certificate course and final exam.
PRO-STD-001 Certification Course Schedule
Day 1: Advanced Counterfeit Component Detection and Prevention Certification Course, PRO-STD-001, 6 hours.
Day 2: Course overview, (4 >< hours). Final Exam administered, consist of 60 Questions, open notes/placard set allowed during test. The Exams are corrected, PRO-STD-001 serialized competency certificates are awarded to all those who successfully pass this final examination. The advanced certificate course PRO-STD-001 includes a full ProSkill CTG Placard set and ProSkill CTG’s PRO-STD-001 serialized certificate of competency.
Custom Progressive Course
This course is taught in two tiers and can be attended concurrently or just the Awareness Workshop independently.
Day 1: The Awareness Workshop is a basic introduction program and preparation for the advanced PRO-STD-001 Certification Course. This is a great course for those that require a basic awareness of the processes for detecting and Certification.
Day 2: The PRO-STD-001 Certification Course is an advanced course that includes a full ProSkill Placard set and a 60 question exam leading to the PRO-STD-001 serialized certificate of competency.
Special pricing available for a public class or a private class at your facility
PRO-STD-001 course is available in English or Spanish.
For immediate assistance please contact: Sharon Montana-Beard Toll Free, 1-888-837-9959 X208 - Email: email@example.com
PRO-STD-001 Certification was added in Nov 2012
PRO-STD-001 Certification has been viewed 315 times