SynTECH™ No-Clean Solder Paste
SynTECH™ No-Clean Solder Paste Description:
The world's first solder paste made with 100% synthetic poly adduct components
The development of SynTECH,™ an innovative, synthetic, no-clean solder paste, is an excellent example of AMTECH designing a product to “fill a void”. The search for a solder paste formula that did not require refrigeration led scientists at AMTECH to discover that substituting 100% synthetic poly adduct components for organic compounds resulted in a superior solder paste capable of increasing hourly throughput up to 30%, with less scrap and rework.
Benefits of SynTECH include:
- Higher production yields
- Synthetic, not organic, for unparalleled lot-to-lot and stencil printing consistency
- Wider process windows (12-18 hour stencil life, 18-24 hour tack time)
- 3.6% BONO mirror test
- No refrigeration needed
- RELO flux designation
- ICT friendly, and compatible with organic solderability preservatives (OSPs)
SynTECH™ and SynTECH-LF, (a lead-free formula) offer superior wetting, strong activity, printability and shelf life with both lead-based and lead-free alloys.
AMTECH manufactures a low-oxide, spherical and uniformly sized powder. SynTECH is available in the following alloys: 63Sn/37Pb, 62Sn/36Pb/2Ag, 60Sn/Pb40, 43Sn/43Pb/14Bi and 42Sn/58Bi.
- Printing applications: 800 to 900Kcps +/-10%
- Dispensing applications: 450Kcps +/-10%
- Tested according to IPC-TM-650
- Typical tackiness: 44g force
The print definition of SynTECH is ideal for fine pitch applications. The stencil life of this no-clean product virtually eliminates waste of solder paste. Consult the powder distribution chart to determine your mesh size requirements.
The following are general guidelines for stencil printer optimization with SynTECH. Some adjustments may be necessary based on your process requirements.
- Print Speed: 25–100mm/sec
- Squeegee Pressure: 0.2–0.7kg/inch of blade
- Under Stencil Wipe: Once every 10–25 prints or as necessary
The following packaging options are available for stencil printing and dispensing applications:
- 250g and 500g jars; 250g and 700g cartridges;
- 750g ProFlow® cassettes; 35g and 100g syringes;
- 2,500g FreshMix® Kits.
- >8 hrs. @ 30–45% RH & 22–25°C
- ~6 hrs. @ 45–70% RH & 22–25°C
Automated stencil cleaning systems for both stencil and misprinted boards. Manual cleaning using 99% isopropyl alcohol (IPA) works well.
Storage and Handling Procedures
Refrigerated storage at 42-47°F will prolong the solder paste shelf life to no less than 12 months. Syringes & cartridges should be stored vertically with the dispensing tip down. Solder paste should be allowed to reach ambient temperature naturally, prior to use (about 6-8 hours). NEVER FREEZE SOLDER PASTE.
SynTECH™ No-Clean Solder Paste was added in Jan 2013
SynTECH™ No-Clean Solder Paste has been viewed 441 times