Electronics Forum: gcplace extract (Page 1 of 1)

what software is out there that will extract XY centroid from gerber data?

Electronics Forum | Mon Feb 24 12:41:18 EST 2014 | mi

Depending on what X-Y centroid / CAD data you need, there are different SW I've used to do the job. If you need PCB gerber "artwork" (rounds, rectangles, lines, squares,...geometric figures), you can use GraphicCode GC-Place & such - load the gerber

PCB 'gerber' files

Electronics Forum | Fri Sep 23 08:24:24 EDT 2005 | Yogesh Beedkar

For extracting centroid you can use GC-PLACE or CAM-CAD but for it you need to ask the ASC file from your customer.

Re: Gerber to Centroid Data

Electronics Forum | Wed Mar 29 23:16:26 EST 2000 | cklau

Hello there; Please pls try & contact the graphicode company and ask for GC-place demonstration program Disk. Using this program U can generate the XY centroids using Centroids Data extraction command . Hope this help.


Electronics Forum | Mon Nov 23 18:23:13 EST 2009 | smt_guy

HI, I think that's an old version of GC Place. What if you just get someone who can extract the XY Files from the Gerber and pay him, maybe worth better. A lot of technical guys here are probably willing to take some extra income that is not so burd

Generating p-n-p file from gerbers only

Electronics Forum | Wed Apr 15 07:53:37 EDT 2009 | davef

1 Centroids from the Gerber data * Graphicode GC-Place graphicode.com * Downstream Technologies CAM350 downstreamtech.com * Gerbcam Tecnomatix-Unicam unicam.com * Circuit Cam aiscorp.com * GerbTool GerbTool.com * Send it to smtservice@comcast They do


gcplace extract searches for Companies, Equipment, Machines, Suppliers & Information