Vision Engineering has teamed up with industry-expert Bob Willis to broadcast a free Electronics Academy Webinar aimed at identifying the issues affecting PCB/SMT assembly and the challenges of achieving Zero Defect Manufacture.
The next webinar, Lead-Free Temperature Profiling – How to do it will take place on October 17th at 2:30 EST.
This webinar will demonstrate how to correctly profile a printed board assembly with convection and vapor phase. Attendees will learn:
- Lead-free solder paste reflow and how critical profiling can prevent board failure.
- How to correctly profile a printed board assembly
- Tricks of the trade
- How to avoid the pitfalls of poor profiling
The topics covered in this webinar include:
- PCB assembly processes requiring profiling
- Selecting the correct thermocouple
- Mounting thermocouples
- Measuring systems
- Impact of design on profiling
- Component type and thermal demand
- Temperature profiles for adhesives, soldering & curing
- Process defects associated with incorrect profiling
For more information or to register for this webinar visit: https://goo.gl/NtYASU
Previous webinars in this series are available online and can be viewed at the following links:
Solder Joint Inspection & Process Defects: https://goo.gl/VEWGRF
Counterfeit Component Inspection & Detection: https://goo.gl/PBPGXM
Bob Willis is a globally-recognized expert in surface mount and area array technology, providing training and consultancy to electronics manufacturers worldwide for over 30 years. Bob regularly speaks at international events, providing expert knowledge to improve skills and knowledge for electronics production staff and engineers.
Vision Engineering Inc. designs and manufactures a patented range of ‘eyepiece-less’ microscopes for industrial and laboratory applications. Established in 1958, more than 300,000 systems have been installed worldwide for inspection and measurement tasks. Company headquarters are based in Woking, UK with manufacturing facilities in the US and UK. Regional offices are located throughout North America, Europe and Asia.