Aurora, CO (April 21, 2021) – Advanced Assembly, the pioneers of the quick-turn PCB assembly services, today reaffirmed its ongoing commitment to support and implement environmentally responsible programs and processes. The company is focused on eliminating waste, improving energy efficiency, and recycling all possible materials within each department.
“Advanced Assembly’s home is in Colorado, where we enjoy the beauty of nature every day,” said Lawrence Davis, founder and president of Advanced Assembly. “We are doing everything we can to ensure that our children inherit a world from us that is better than we found it. As far as I know, we are the most eco-friendly and environmentally responsible, PCB assembly company in the industry. It’s something we are extremely proud of and I hope we inspire other businesses to do the same.”
Advanced Assembly is working toward becoming a green company. Some of the programs supporting its environmental stewardship include:
- Eliminated 90% of paper waste by communicating digitally through Slack, Jira, and Trello.
- Paper waste, including recycled packing material, recycled cardboard shipping boxes, and printing paper is captured by one of the 30+ recycling bins placed throughout the building.
- Unused printed circuit boards are separated, sorted, and recycled by outside companies that reclaim precious metals and carefully dispose of potentially harmful lead.
- Used and unused components are sent to a wholesale redistributor that sorts and resells the parts to individuals and shops throughout Colorado.
- Wastewater generated during the wash process is captured and sent out for recycling.
- Solder dross is captured and recycled by a licensed recycling firm.
- Solder paste syringes and containers are recycled.
- High-efficiency LED lights installed throughout the facility and cleaning supplies are biodegradable and non-toxic.
Additionally, Advanced Assembly has found creative ways to reuse materials including creating artwork for the breakroom using stencil frames, and conducting workshops for kids, helping them make pictures frames or clocks from recycled PCBs and components.
Finally, Advanced Assembly, in conjunction with Royal Circuit Solutions and Digikey, founded a one-of-a-kind program that provides free boards, parts, and assemblies to any qualifying, non-profit organization working on environmental projects or wild animal protection programs. Read about this program at https://aapcb.com/support-nonprofits/.
“We aren’t yet perfect, but we strive every day to improve on the gains we made the day before,” said Davis. “We know that our actions, combined with the environmental stewardship of others, will make a difference in the environmental issues facing our world.”
To learn more about Advanced Assembly’s planet-friendly business practices and processes, visit: https://aapcb.com/environment/
About Advanced Assembly, LLC.
Advanced Assembly is an Aurora, Colorado company specializing in quick-turn, SMT assembly for design engineers needing low to mid-volume printed circuit board assembly. The company has assembled more than 45,000 unique designs in the last decade. Due to advanced operational capacity and nearly limitless flexibility, Advanced Assembly takes on more types of projects, provides better personal service, and holds itself accountable to higher quality metrics than anyone else in the industry. For more information, visit www.aapcb.com or call 1-800-838-5650.
Media Contact: Lisa Holmes, Marketing Director, Advanced Assembly, 303-307-990, email@example.com