L3Harris is seeking an engineer to lead manufacturing and space vehicle integration related activities on the GPSIIIF and NTS3 program. The type of space flight hardware produced at this L3Harris location includes complex circuit card assemblies (CCAs), high power transmitter assemblies, RF modules, DC/DC converters, cable harnesses, higher system level assemblies, and panel integration activities.
• Interfacing with design engineers to ensure hardware producibility requirements are achieved
• Developing manufacturing and test strategies
• Planning and requesting manpower/equipment/process resources
• Generating assembly documentation and directing support personnel in the day-to-day execution of the manufacturing tasks.
• Assisting with high visibility manufacturing efforts with formal cost and schedule responsibilities and direct customer interface.
• Supporting process improvement initiatives of technical and operational nature.
• Designing and developing manufacturing and engineering tools, strategies and systems.
• Planning and supporting the build and modification of electronics systems including procurement support, assembly method/work instructions generation, tooling design support, material/process development, facilities/equipment planning, and resolution of manufacturing, quality and reliability issues.
• Estimating manufacturing costs, determine time standards, and make recommendations for tooling and process requirements of new or existing product lines.
• Supporting the root cause and corrective action process.
• Bachelors Degree and minimum 9 years of prior relevant experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 7 years of prior related experience.
• 7+ years experience developing and implementing processes and SMT methodologies
• 7+ years experience with CAD / CAM Programming: Developing Centroid Data, marrying the BOM to X, Y data, define packages, components and updating SMT Placement Equipment
• 7+ years experience operating and troubleshooting Mydata MY12 pick & place machine & Nordson Yestech 3D AOI machine
• Detailed understanding of stencil design
Preferred Additional Skills:
• Knowledge of NASA / MIL / IPC workmanship and performance standards related to electronic assemblies (NASA-STD-8739, MIL-STD-883, IPC-610, etc.) is preferred
• Standard use of MES, PDM, and MRP is preferred
• Demonstrated ability to determine root cause of manufacturing process problems, workmanship defects, mechanical test failures, etc. is preferred.
• 7+ years of hands-on experience with high reliability electronic assembly processes for SMT CCAs as well as microelectronic assembly processes for MCMs and Hybrids (i.e. die attach, wire bonding, dispensing, hermetic sealing, etc.).
• 7+ years of experience in applying best practice FMEA/DFMA/DTC methodologies
• Background in the manufacturing and test of electronics for high reliability space and government systems is preferred
• Background in developing manufacturing processes and transferring such to production is preferred.
• Understand use of design tolerances and GD&T and how to implement in tooling and processes
• Good communication skills including the ability to deliver effective presentations to peers, management and customers is required
• Must be able to work overtime and weekends as necessary