MacDermid Alpha Electronics Solutions, a world leader in the development, manufacturing, and sales of innovative materials used in the assembly electronics, industrial joining and Photo Voltaic market places, is seeking a Product Specialist/Project Manager for their South Plainfield, NJ location.
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB
The purpose of this position is to provide technical support to the Global Marketing Team as it relates to existing products as well as new and developing products. The position is also responsible for leading a variety of marketing related projects.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Requiring strong communication skills, an attention to detail and self-motivation, the Product Specialist / Project Manager is a key member of the global marketing team who supports the Global Portfolio Managers and Director of Marketing in a variety of areas including (but not limited to) 1.) creating and maintaining Technical Bulletins, Product Flyers, Product Manuals and other product related collateral; 2.) providing assistance with the reconciliation of Item Numbers, MSDS approvals, raw material questions and other internal system and process related issues; 3.) collecting and disseminating technical data for global portfolio managers, sales and customer technical support teams; and 4.) preparing technical papers, articles and other types of communication and reports.
• Contributes to bottom line results in high energy and dynamic situations that require teamwork, planning, communication and implementation / execution skills. Emphasis should be on on-time project completion to drive revenue growth, market share gain, and margin enhancement.
• Participates on NPD (New Product Development) project teams as the marketing representative and carries out all responsibilities outlined for this role in the NPD process. In this role, the Product Specialist will act as the primary conduit between the project team and the Project Champion / Global Portfolio Manager.
• Works with Operations and Global Process Engineering Group to ensure product samples are available pre-launch and that material is available for sale post launch. Ensures that the appropriate items numbers are set up in the ERP system.
• Manages day-to-day progress of projects and keep Manager, Project Champion and other interested parties updated via timely and responsive communication.
• As appropriate, can be the overall project leader for an NPD project. In this capacity, the Project Manager will be responsible for leading a 6 member, cross functional team through the Assembly Materials NPD 2.0 phase gate process, including the creation of the overall project plan and validation of financial metrics for a given NPD project.
• As appropriate, can be the overall project leader for an Applications project that has been approved and resourced by the R&D team.
• Identifies areas where processes can be improved, costs could be reduced, or timelines can be accelerated to shorten time to market for new products.
• Works with Global and Regional Marketing Communication teams to support creation of collateral for product launch and promotions.
• Conducts market research projects as needed and defined by the Marketing team. The market research can include basic data collection via internet, surveys and both internal and externally conducted interviews, collation and organization of the raw data and assessment of the implications of the data. Finally working with the project sponsor in the development of a close out market research report and recommended actions from the project.
• Serves as primary contact, providing guidance and support for certain lower volume product lines.
• Has the ability to independently work in a research area without direct supervision given a well-defined set of research goals.
• Coordinates and facilitates Global Steering Team calls for New Product Development Phase closures.
• Participates in Six Sigma projects as appropriate.
• Works closely with other functions such as Operations, GPEG, Quality and R&D to achieve the defined goals and deliverables for assigned projects and successfully complete assigned tasks.
The qualified candidate must:
• Possess a BS degree in a technical discipline such as Electrical, Electronics, Mechanical or Metallurgical Engineering; Physics or a related field.
• Two to five years proven working experience.
• Prior experience in electronics assembly a plus.
All applicants should apply online at http://www.alphaassembly.com.
"Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled – E-Verify Company”