MacDermid Alpha Electronics Solutions, a world leader in the development, manufacturing, and sales of innovative materials used in the assembly electronics, industrial joining and Photo Voltaic market places, is seeking an Engineering Project Manager for their South Plainfield, NJ R&D headquarters.
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB
The primary purpose of this position is to manage Process Development, Process Scale Up and Capital projects in the GPEG function. This includes managing the complete life cycle of the highly complex projects including approval of the projects, the planning and execution of the projects, and then the closeout of the projects to ensure planned results are achieved on a timely basis.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Manages the complete life cycle of highly complex projects, including approval, planning, execution, and closeout to ensure planned results are achieved on time.
• Develops budgets timelines, and ensure progress to plan, as well as tracking project achievements. Works with vendors and team to establish and achieve goals.
• Defines the project’s objectives and ensures progress to plan, as well as tracking project achievements. Acts as a key contributor in a complex and crucial environment
• Interface with internal customers to agree upon specifications, deliverables, and milestones.
• Define and track technical goals, milestones, and deliverables for the GPEG team.
• Represent the project and the team and present the results of the project to customers and internal management.
• Work with marketing, R&D, Operations and business development teams in defining and tracking the projects.
• Provides assistance to the leadership team in the development and design of new projects.
• Utilizes formal processes and tools to manage resources, budgets, risks and changes.
• Recommends new process and tools to achieve advanced project management.
• Manages project status and information in the form of formal briefings, project update meetings, and written, electronic, and graphic reports.
• Develops, maintains, and manages detailed project plans, action item registers, and major milestone timelines for all assigned projects.
• Creates and maintains process workflow documents to support business needs.
• Manages all assigned projects to completion ensuring on-time delivery, meeting of budgetary demands, and maintaining overall project ownership. Acts as a single point of contact for project status. Maintain communication with stakeholders.
• Facilitates and leads project meetings.
• Addresses problems through risk management and contingency planning and presents solutions and /or options to executive management.
• Ensures effective implementation of solutions / changes.
The qualified candidate must:
• Possess a Bachelor’s degree in an engineering or technical field.
• Have five plus years of Project Management experience.
• Able to travel both globally and domestically up to 10% of working time.
All applicants should apply online at http://www.elementsolutionsinc.com.
"Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled – E-Verify Company”