Alpha Assembly Solutions, a MacDermid Performance Solutions Business and a world leader in the development, manufacturing, and sales of innovative materials used in the assembly electronics, industrial joining and Photo Voltaic market places, is seeking a Global Applications Manager – Die Attach for their South Plainfield, NJ location.
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB
This position is responsible for globally coordinating and developing die attach applications technology knowledge across the globe. The role requires close coordination with the “Die Attach” business unit and includes working with key target customers, critical equipment partners, customer technical service and global applications personnel to create value adding process knowledge, demonstrate leading materials, establish best practice processes and help develop value-in-use tools. The scope of the work will include long and short-range programs that will facilitate transfer of process technology from Alpha R&D to customers and Alpha’s internal organization. Die attach applications programs are critical to successful business development of the new technologies being developed for the power semiconductor, automotive and RF market segments. This position is responsible for coordinating the global die attach applications laboratories in the Alpha system and harmonizing process approaches for specific package designs.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Define key process technologies necessary to successfully market and sell new materials technologies from R&D.
• Create deep collaborative relationships with equipment suppliers, in the three geographical regions, to support the process development and commercialization of new die attach materials.
• Provide leadership in the development and documentation of formal Processes of Record, these documents are critical in facilitating customer “up take” of new processes utilizing Alpha technologies.
• Provide input to the technical road map for die attach technologies.
• Facilitate and manage corporate wide die attach knowledge base.
• Conduct customer trials and technology demonstrations.
• Develop value propositions based on customer trials and materials performance.
• Actively support field applications engineers when needed and define a global applications support strategy to optimize opportunities.
• Become integral part of voice-of-customer activities with the commercial team.
• Typically works on cross-functional team to translate customer needs into product definitions.
• A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
• Manage the day to day activities in the die attach laboratory in Germany.
• Manage the die attach projects assigned to the die attach laboratories, assign work to the laboratories personnel.
The qualified candidate must:
• Possess a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline; and five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of training and education.
• Prior experience in the electronic assembly industry and knowledge of die attach technology highly desirable.
• Must be able to travel up to 40% of working time on a global basis.
All applicants should apply online at http://www.alphaassembly.com.
"Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled – E-Verify Company”