Electroform Stencils are our specialty.
Stentech is a leading-edge company with the latest in stencil technology. With seven manufacturing facilities and over 130 dedicated and quality driven team members across North America, Stentech once again is ready to "raise the bar" in Quality, Delivery and Service.
Why Electroformed Stencils?
- The smooth trapezoidal sidewalls of an electroformed stencil allow for better paste release compared to polished laser or etched stencils. Electroform stencils provide fine and ultra-fine pitch apertures with paste transfer efficiencies at 95% and above, while minimizing bridging.
- Since the process occurs at an atomic scale, the aperture tolerances are in the micron range. Typically, +/- 10 microns (.0004") are achieved.
- Electroform foils are harder than full hard stainless steel of comparable thickness, providing for longer stencil life (hardness 500 Hv and greater). This durability is advantageous for high-volume runs.
- Nickel has a lower coefficient of friction compared to stainless steel, which allows for a better roll of the solder paste and decreases wear on squeegee blades.
- Allows for thinner stencils due to the increase in paste transfer efficiencies.
- Can mean an increase in production yields due to lower numbers of re-works.
- Stencils and foils can be produced in a non-standard thickness, if required, as well as step up, step down, and recessed areas (i.e. 2.4, 4.2, 5.7 etc)
- Large aperture counts can be completed faster and more efficiently with an electroform stencil due to the electroform process itself. This allows for a denser image area without any distortion due to heat transfer caused by laser cutting. (pad count: 1 to unlimited)
Surface Mount Process Carriers are engineered to completely fixture a circuit board during the overall assembly process. These carriers are made of high-temperature semi-conductive composite materials, used from start to finish in the assembly pro...
Stentech has advanced capabilities in machining and drilling composite materials. Stentech can provide a wide range of manufacturing solutions for wave solder pallets that are custom-engineered and manufactured to each client's specifications....
Stentech has its very own high quality stencil rolls, designed for use in SMT (Surface Mount Technology) and screen printing lines. These rolls are designed to keep stencil apertures clear of paste residues during the automatic screen printing pro...
Stentech produces mini stencils; small stencils that are used mainly for BGA re-work. Mini stencils are designed to deposit precise amounts of solder paste for single BGA footprints on loaded PCBs. These precision stencils mimic the footprint and...
Stentech has the technical ability to manufacture step stencils in both single process and dual process. Today's complex PCBs with the various components require different solder paste volumes. Stentech has the technical expertise to optimize...
Nov 29, 2022 | StenTech Inc. is pleased to offer customers the ability to easily place stencil orders online with its new Online Order Management System.
Nov 21, 2022 | StenTech Inc. will showcase its new Advanced Nano Coating at the SMTA Silicon Valley Expo & Tech Forum, scheduled to take place Thursday, Dec. 8, 2022 in Sunnyvale, California. Additionally, the company will display its complete line of various stencils and tooling.
Oct 28, 2022 | StenTech Inc. is pleased to announce the appointment of Greg Starrett to Director of Sales – United States. An experienced and respected leader in the Surface Mount Technology (SMT) industry, Starrett has more than 29 years of experience in all aspects of the business.
Oct 20, 2022 | StenTech Inc. will exhibit at SMTA Long Island on October 19, 2022 at the Marriott Melville in Melville, New York.
Jun 03, 2008 | StenTech is pleased to announce its acquisition of A & F Fixture Products, Inc. located in Salem, New Hampshire. Together, we have been working to ensure a smooth transition and have relocated A & F Fixtures into a larger facility to accommodate expected growth.