MacDermid Alpha Electronics Solutions, a world leader in the development, manufacturing, and sales of innovative materials used in the assembly electronics, industrial joining and Photo Voltaic market places, is seeking a SMT Applications Engineer for their R&D Center in South Plainfield, NJ.
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB
As a key member of the Applications Team, the Applications Engineer will be responsible for providing technical and engineering support for a wide variety of projects, materials characterization, data acquisition and analysis for MacDermid Alpha core products (solder paste and sintered materials) for various market segments such as Automotive, LED packaging, Medical, Consumers and Communication assembly businesses as well as Flexible/Formable Printed Electronics.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• With minimal oversight, works to carry out existing test methods and procedures.
• Develop new test methods and technologies to test our products in line with the Company’s marketing direction for specific customers or market segments.
• Investigate, and experiment with new technologies or ideas and modify the test techniques to meet the application and customer requirements.
• Perform MacDermid Alpha-site (internal) screening tests to assess performance of product and materials for new applications.
• Validate MacDermid Alpha products for function against project objectives
• Lead development and validation of test vehicles and test methods for characterization of materials for specific applications.
• Demonstrate process feasibility and performance of MacDermid Alpha’s materials to customers and partners by performing assembly, performance and reliability testing and failure analyses on external test vehicles.
• Work with analytical equipment such as Electron and Optical Microscopy, X-ray and Acoustic Imaging
• Assists in equipment maintenance. Calibrate research and test equipment to ensure dependable research results.
• Work with components, equipment vendors, and assembly houses to develop integrated solutions for customers.
• Report project progress, publish technical papers and make conference presentations as needed.
• Interact with R&D team, MacDermid Alpha marketing and sales regarding various technical issues
• Work closely with Product Development and Marketing teams to establish priorities, plan and execute projects to support customers towards product approvals and launching new products
The qualified candidate must:
• Possess a BS degree in a technical field such as Electrical, Electronics, Mechanical or Metallurgical Engineering; Physics or a related field.
• One to two years proven working experience.
• Experience in printed electronics or flexible circuits a plus.
All applicants should apply online at http://www.alphaassembly.com.
"Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled – E-Verify Company”